Warranty of Hardwood Flooring
This program is limited to residential application only and unless stated otherwise does not apply to commercial or industrial use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or home owner to inspect planks prior to installations. Planks that are defective or visually not acceptable should be discarded or possibly used in another location of the room. LAWSON accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
As wood is a natural product industry standards allow for a defect and irregular tolerance of up to 5%. This warranty applies only to material that is in EXCESS of this 5% allowance.
IMPORTANT: The installation and maintenance guidelines MUST be followed as a condition for
this warranty. Any floor installed outside of Lawson Floors printed installation and maintenance parameters is subject to denial of the claim.
Limited Lifetime Structure Warranty
LAWSON warrants that the residential flooring sold under this Warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in
material and manufacturing and that it conforms to LAWSON’s standard specifications for the product category.
LAWSON further warrants that when installed and maintained according to LAWSON specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a
If your LAWSON product fails for any of the above reasons, LAWSON will replace or repair, at its option, a portion, or all of the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. LAWSON warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior
humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round.
LAWSON warrants that the factory-installed finish on the flooring is, at the time of sale, free from defects in
material and manufacturing and that it conforms to LAWSON standard specifications for the finish. LAWSON further warrants that when maintained according to LAWSON’s installation guidelines and maintenance instruction and used for its intended purpose, the finish will not wear through to bare wood for the following years from date of purchase.
50 YEAR LIMITED RESIDENTIAL FINISH WARRANTY
40 YEAR LIMITED RESIDENTIAL FINISH WARRANTY
Texas Living Collection
Warranty Exclusions & Limitations
Please follow the recommendations in this guide to retain the fresh look and protect the finish.
- Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year round and a room temperature of 60º to 80ºF.
- Checks, splits, delaminating caused by improper environmental conditions.
- Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/ or existing flooring.
- Due to color variations of product and/or samples, LAWSON is not responsible for the consumer matching flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim and any existing moldings.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor as the floor ages. Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rug. This is not a product defect.
- Improper installation/maintenance and failure to adhere to LAWSON installation/maintenance instructions.
- It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. LAWSON accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed.
- Indentations or scratches caused by furniture, appliances, pet claws, high heel shoes, spiked or damaged heels, cleats, sports shoes, pivot points (i.e. seating areas), wheel chairs, walkers, sand, pebbles or other abrasive materials.
- Installation over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 85° F.
- Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions or natural disasters is excluded from LAWSON warranties.
- Insect infestation after product leaves our facility.
- Abuse, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, application of solvents, corrosives, or other chemicals, etc. improper cleaning or maintenance products.
- Squeaking, popping and other noises are not covered by our warranty. Occasional noise is normal and can be expected on wood flooring, especially when nailed or stapled down. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
- Recoating or alterations to the original factory finish voids the finish warranty.
- During the winter months of low humidity, minor surface cracks (checks) may appear in wood flooring, then often close up again in the summer months when the humidity is higher. This is a normal characteristic of natural wood and not a basis of a complaint against the manufacturer, especially if there is no structural failure
- Dimensional Changes: Throughout its life, wood will naturally expand and contract in response to the seasons and environment conditions in the home. Seasonal gapping can be expected, and is not a defect.
- Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.