Hardwood Flooring Warranty
This program is limited to residential application only and does not apply to commercial or industrial use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or home owner to inspect planks prior to installations. Planks not visually or physically acceptable should be put to one side and possibly used in another location of the room. Lawson Floors accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
Seasonal expansion and contraction of wood flooring is normal and not a manufacturing defect.
As wood is a natural product industry standards allow for a defect/irregular tolerance of up to 5%.
LIMITED lifetime STRUCTURAL WARRANTY:
Lawson Hardwood Floors warrants that the residential flooring sold under this Warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Lawson Hardwood Floors standard specifications for the product category. Lawson Hardwood further warrants that when installed and maintained according to Lawson specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect.
If your Lawson Hardwood product fails for any of the above reasons, Lawson Floors will replace or repair, at its option, a portion, or all of the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. Lawson Floors warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round.
Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
Lawson Hardwood warrants that the factory-installed finish on the Flooring is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Lawson Hardwood standard specifications for the finish. Lawson Hardwood further warrants that when maintained according to Lawson Hardwood’s cleaning and maintenance instruction and used for its intended purpose, the finish will not wear through to bare wood for 25 to 50 years (Royal Collection) from the date of purchase.
Gloss reduction is not considered a manufacturing defect and is not included in this warranty. Finish warranty excludes any surfaces checks/splits caused by improper environmental conditions, scratches, indentations, and color change from indoor UV light or sunlight.
The Lawson Hardwood Floors installation and maintenance instructions MUST be followed as condition for these Warranties to have effect.
NOTE: Moldings are not included under our Finish Warranty.
Light commercial Warranty:
Lawson Hardwood Floors warrants it’s Royal Collection and Italian Collection for light commercial applications for period of 3-year finish and 3-year structural.
- Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year round and a room temperature of 60º to 80ºF.
- Checks, splits, delamination caused by improper environmental conditions.
- Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
- Due to color variations of product and/or samples, Urbanfloor™ is not responsible for the consumer matching flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim and any existing moldings.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor as the floor ages. Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rug. This is not a product defect.
- Improper installation/maintenance and failure to adhere to Lawson Hardwood Floors installation/maintenance instructions.
- It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. Lawson Hardwood Floors accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed.
- Indentations or scratches caused by furniture, appliances, pet claws, spiked or damaged heels, pivot points, sand and pebbles or other abrasive materials.
- Installation over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 85° F.
- Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions or natural disasters is excluded from Lawson Hardwood Floors warranties.
- Abuse, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, application of solvents, corrosives, or other chemicals, etc. improper cleaning or maintenance products.
- Squeaking or popping sounds on stapled or nail down products.
- Minor surface cracks (checking), with no structural failure, may appear in surface of floor, and can be expected. This is a typical characteristic of natural wood and not a basis of a complaint against the manufacturer.
MOLDING STRUCTURAL WARRANTY:
Lawson Hardwood Floors warrants to the original purchaser that the moldings will be free of defects in material and workmanship when installed and maintained according to Lawson Hardwood specifications. If a molding fails, Lawson Hardwood Floors will replace or repair, at its option for as long as the original purchase still owns the property where the molding was installed. Inspect moldings before installation. Once material is installed it is considered accepted.
Although moldings are designed to be the closet representation of the actual floor, variation in color, texture, shading, grain, knots, distressing will be evident and in some species can be extensive. This is normal and is not considered a defect.
NOTE: Moldings are not covered by a finish warranty.
CUSTOMER CLAIM POLICIES:
- Claim must be presented by the original Dealer/Distributor that purchased the material through Lawson Floors.
- Claim must have Dealer/Distributors invoice number from Lawson Hardwood Floors that the claim is associated with.
- Claim form must be complete, including square footage installed, square footage of complaint, material type, Lawson’s original invoice# and purchase date, installation date and clear pictures showing area(s) of complaint.
- Claim department will then decide if a Certified Inspector will be scheduled, or material replaced.
- Claims are handled directly with the Dealer/Distributor. All findings will be sent to the Dealer/Distributor along with a letter of acceptance or denial of the claim. It is up to the Dealer/Distributor to pass findings along to the end user.