Warranty of waterproof laminate flooring
LIMITED 25 YEAR RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY
LAWSON Floors warrants to the original purchaser for 25 years from the date of purchase, that the flooring will be free of manufacturing defects, and the surface will not wear through (Wear through is defined as affecting more than 10% of total floor installation as a result of normal foot traffic. Scratches and loss of gloss are not considered as wear through), stain or fade from sunlight or artificial light when used under normal residential traffic conditions, and only if installed, cared, maintained according to manufacturer’s instructions.
LIMITED 5 YEAR LIGHT COMMERCIAL WARRANTY
LAWSON Floors warrants to the original purchaser for 5 years from the date of purchase, that the flooring will be free of manufacturing defects, and the surface will not wear through (Wear through is defined as affecting more than 10% of total floor installation as a result of normal foot traffic. Scratches and loss of gloss are not considered as wear through), stain or fade from sunlight or artificial light when used under light commercial traffic conditions, and only if installed, cared, maintained according to manufacturer’s instructions. Heavier traffic areas such as entry foyers, commercial kitchens, and any areas with heavy rolling loads are not recommended.
The decorative layer of laminate flooring is designed to resist color changes from light exposure. Nonetheless, exposure to light will affect flooring’s appearance after extended period of time. The level of change depends on the intensity of light and length of exposure. LAWSON Floors does not warrant against this type of appearance change in the laminate flooring
If the product wears through, stains or fades, LAWSON floors reserves the right to either replace or refund the portion of the floor in question as covered under this warranty. The warranty covers the cost of the products only. Transportation costs, Labor and Installation costs, and accessories are NOT included in the warranty. Should the original floor be discontinued, we will replace the defective material with a floor of equal value.
300 HOURS STANDING WATER WARRANTY
LAWSON floors warrants the flooring will resist damage from moisture due to wet mopping and everyday household spill removed within up to 300 hours. This product is water resistant, however, when excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold and/or mildew growth can occur (particularly if moisture problem remains undiscovered and unaddressed). The moisture warranty excludes damage resulting from mold and/or mildew growth due to prolonged exposure to moisture. This warranty does not cover flooding.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The laminate flooring panels must be properly installed in accordance with installation instructions, and must be used for indoor use only.
- This warranty does not cover negligence, improper installation/maintenance, insufficient protection, improper alterations to the original materials, insects, severe accidents, exposure to extreme heat, burns, fire, natural disasters.
- The floor must be properly maintained to consider a claim. Improper maintenance can damage your floor. Sweep the floor on a regular basis, at least once per week. If you use a vacuum cleaner the beater bar must be turned off. The beater bar will damage your floor. No wet mopping. We recommend using Bona laminate floor cleaner by spraying it on the mop head not directly on the floor. Never use a wax based product on your floor.
- Floors installed in bathrooms or saunas are NOT covered under warranty.
- This warranty only applies to 1st quality product purchases made after the edition date of these warranty conditions for the designated time period when the product is installed in a private residence.
- Laminate Flooring panel must be inspected prior to installation under sufficient lighting.
- Products with visible defects must never be installed under any circumstance. Laminate flooring panels installed with any manufacturing defect not covered by this warranty. Any defect must be reported prior to installation and within 30 days of purchase in order to be covered. Color or gloss issues as a result of adding material at a later date from non-warranty repairs are exclude from coverage.
- This warranty is non-transferable and only applies to the original end consumer.
- The warranty only applies to defects inherent to the material supplied. This means any material or production defects, acknowledged by the manufacturer. It includes the delaminating or reduced resistance of the wear layer. LAWSON Floors will repair or replace the product at its potion. When replacement of the flooring is made, only new panels from the current product range at the time the complaint is upheld will be supplied by the distributor or retailer. There will be no other form of compensation.
- The warranty does not apply to laminate flooring that has been put to abnormal use or conditions or abused in any way. Abnormal use or conditions includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm or flood, damage from smoke, fire or other casualty events; damage caused by negligence, improper alterations of the original manufactured product. Abuse is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a laminate floor in residential environment. The damage to the product must be evident, measuring the size of a dime and must not be the result of abusive, abnormal conditions or accidents, such as but not limited to, damage of mechanical nature, severe impact of scratches (caused by dragging objects or furniture) or cutting. The feet of furniture must always be covered with appropriate protective material. Chairs, sofas or furniture with castors must be fitted with soft rubber wheels, an adequate protective mat or protective castor cups must be put under this furniture.
- This warranty does not apply to damage from extreme heat, dryness, moisture of any kind other than regular cleaning as have been explained in this warranty. You must maintain the temperature 65F to 85F and humidity 35% to 55% in your home. Fluctuations in temperature or humidity can damage your floor.
This warranty excludes damages caused by water, included but not limited to appliance and plumbing failures, natural disaster such as floods, urine or any standing water.
This warranty excludes damages caused by water or moisture trapped beneath the floor due to an improper sub floor or underlayment without moister barrier.
LAWSON Floors will not be responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience expenses, costs or consequential damages caused by resulting directly or indirectly from a problem about which the claim was made
Any product sample, photo, or model is intended for demonstrative purposes only, and does not represent a warranty of any kind. Warranty does not cover variations between sample/photo/model and flooring.
All claims must be submitted in writing to place of purchase. Failure to follow these procedures may result in voiding some or all of the warranty. This limited warranty is not transferable and extends only to the original end user.